Bernese Mountain Dog Day Is ON!
Twentieth Annual Bernese Mountain Dog Day!
Sunday, October 3, 2021 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
New owners Danny and Danny (The Danny's) will have BERNESE MOUNTAIN DOG DAY TAKE PLACE AGAIN THIS YEAR! We want to continue with this great FJP farm tradition! Our heartfelt thanks to those who came from near and far all the many years this fantastic event has been held. We heard over 130 Bernese guests came to the 2020 Bernese Mountain Dog Day! From 13 year olds down to those fluffy little puppies! Bring your Berner Friends this year or Just Come to Enjoy the Pack! Be sure to take pictures and post to our Facebook or Instagram accounts!
The Danny's, and our families, along with Farmer John, Eda, Mary, Craig, and Miss Cora and Cousin Luna, and newest pal, Clementine will be there to greet you all and help to make more great memories and bright futures for our wonderful Berner Pals! We all Just can't wait!
WE ARE HAPPY TO BRING PUMPKIN ENJOYMENT
TO ALL OUR OLD & NEW FRIENDS
DURING THESE CHALLENGING, UNPRECEDENTED TWO YEARS!
Business Hours: 9:00 - 6:00 Daily from September 10 Through Halloween
This year we have some new ideas we will soon be telling you about. Stay tuned!
Celebrate Gourd Times!
HMB Pumpkin Minifest 49.5...The Revival is Coming October 16!
Thankfully, at long last for live events and communities everywhere and all they nourish by bringing people together with inspiration and joy, ”the times, they are a-changin'” as the great Bob Dylan wrote and sang in his uniquely signature way.
Join in the fabulously festive fun as the World Pumpkin Capital of Half Moon Bay will be bursting out in orange to celebrate its bountiful fall harvest and autumn splendor – our top shelf festival lineup features:"Celebrate Gourd Times" at this year’s one-day scaled-down HMB Pumpkin Minifest 49.5 on Saturday, Oct. 16 from 9am to 5pm along Main Street! Festival admission is free.
- A special display and photos with the Rhinoceros-sized weigh-off grand champion mega-gourd to benefit the Cabrillo Education Foundation
- Smashing non-stop entertainment with stellar live music on stage and street – entertainment lineup to be announced soon
- Boo-tiful harvest-inspired fine art and crafts from local Made on the Coast artists – artist lineup to be announced soon
- Deelish homestyle foods served by local community service organizations
- Premium wines from Half Moon Bay Winery, seasonal craft beer, pumpkin-infused ales, artisanal cocktails and Pathwater – 100% responsibly and locally sourced in a reusable aluminum bottle
- Expert pumpkin carver Farmer Mike sculpting monster pumpkins into amazing one-of-a-kind masterpieces
- Costume contest (10am at the HMB Library, Correas and Purissima) and pie eatings contests (2pm on the IDES Grounds)
- Pumpkin carving for fun (10am on the IDES Grounds)
- Stock up on the latest and greatest official festival gear and coveted curios with our cool logo commemorating this year's outlier festival
- Pancake breakfast in the City Hall parking lot, Main and Kelly, presented by the HMB High School boys basketball team
- Plus there's wet and wild waterballerz, Cornhole Corner game area, selfies and fun with the delightfully rotund, playful and mischievious Pumpkin Festival mascot “Gourdy”
- The Great Pumpkin Run – in-person Kids 1-Mile Fun Run, 5k, 10k and Half Marathon presented by Senior Coastsiders (with different start times beginning at 7am at Hatch Elementary School, 490 Miramontes Ave., Half Moon Bay) plus a virtual option – online registration here
- Stop by the Safeway tent for reusable grocery bags, coupons and goodies and grab a selfie with their vintage Farmers Market truck
- Sweet sponsor swag giveaways
Pets are not allowed. For the safety, comfort, and courtesy of your pets and festival-goers, please leave your pets at home. Large crowds make it a very stressful and dangerous environment for pets.
Festival admission is free.
Health and Safety Guidelines
The event will be held in accordance with State, County and City Health and Safety guidelines. Health guidelines strongly recommend that attendees be fully vaccinated. If not fully vaccinated, guidelines strongly recommend that attendees obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to attending the event and wear a face covering at the event.